Potato starch is a fine powdery substance derived from the crushed potatoes. It is quite similar to other starches and commonly used to thicken gel, adding texture and increase crispiness in baked foods. Made up from good quality potatoes this starch can be used for the purpose of cooking and baking. It has all the nutritional values and information on its pack to give you a healthy lifestyle.
Potato starch can be used in kitchens restaurants, cafes, hotels, offices, food manufacturing factories as well as school canteens for crisp cooking and baking. It has Properties such as high water-binding capacity, low gelatinization temperatures and tendency to form relatively clear, highly viscous pastes.
Uses of potato starch
• As cold thickeners in pies and pastry fillings
• In confections, cheese analogues, glazing and toppings
• Fat replacers (mainly enzyme-treated type).
• In fresh preparations when prolonged storage is not needed- e.g. mashed potatoes, sauces and food coatings
• For extended refrigeration formulations – ready to eat pies and meals.
• In gluten free baking
• Gives a smooth texture
• Thickens gel
• Enhances the flavor
• Maintains the crispiness and freshness
• Doesn’t change the recipe and processing
Keep it in a cool and dry place to use it for optimum shelf life of 24 months. Reseal the pack after use and store in low temperatures.
Where to buy potato starch in Australia
If you are looking to buy potato starch, then Elf Wing’s online store helps you to place an order from anywhere in Australia; and get the product delivered right to your home with no additional costs. When you buy from our online store, you can grab great discount deals on bulk purchase. Dial now 1300 591 818 and enjoy our products.
Seamlessly empower fully
Try it first or return it
Powered by Stripe
We have it all